UG Series Linear Motion Platform
The UG Series Linear Motion Platform is a solution designed to be versatile, flexible, and affordable.
- Versatile options allow a design engineer to meet multiple application requirements within a single platform.
- Flexible due to consistent geometry creating a platform of interchangeable options.
- Affordable with SIMO qualified rails providing machined precision at extrusion prices.
The UG Series Linear Motion Platform range of options includes:
- Rail heights; low profile for tight spaces or a tall version for greater structural integrity. Each aluminum base rail is uniquely qualified with the SIMO process(Simultaneous Integral Milling Operation) for six times less bow, two times less twist, and two times better flatness. The result is a base rail with machined precision at aluminum extrusion prices.
- 2 bearing tribologies; self-lubricating FrelonGOLD® plain bearings which are ideally suited for contaminated environments, and V-wheel roller bearings for high speed applications.
- 2 drive types; lead screw with machined nut or anti-backlash nut, and two versions of belt drives.
This versatility to mix-n-match features within the same design envelope allows an engineer to test multiple configurations, easily adapt to changing requirements dependent upon load, speed, accuracy, environment, and life considerations, while specifying a linear motion system that is on budget and on time every time.